||Title: Get Ready to Read!
Author and Contributors:
Publisher: National Center for Learning Disabilities Inc. (2012)
Copyright: National Center for Learning Disabilites Inc.
Review Level: Informal review
Primary Content Area: Early Childhood
Content Type: General Information
Audience: Academicians & Researchers; Parents
Resource Type: Not an extension nor a land-grant developed resource
- Parent/Family: Family Strengths and Traditions: Literacy
- Early Childhood: Literacy and Language: Literacy Research
- Early Childhood: Literacy and Language: Early Literacy Skill-building
- Early Childhood: Activities and Learning: Kids Websites
- School Age (K-8): Educational Materials: Literacy/Reading
Keywords: literacy, childhood reading, learning, language development, literacy resources, parenting
Description: A Web site geared towards parents, educators, librarians, and advocates. contains information on literacy resources in languages other than English, screening too for literacy, videos on how to "raise a reader", and a toolkit on transitioning to kindergarten.
Resource Listed: February 17, 2003
Resource Last Updated: April 5, 2012