||Title: Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and Practice
Author and Contributors:
Publisher: The National Center for Culturally Responsive Educational Systems (2008)
Review Level: Informal review
Primary Content Area: Early Childhood
Content Type: Programming Resource
Audience: Academicians & Researchers; Professionals, Educators & Program Staff
Resource Type: Not an extension nor a land-grant developed resource
- Early Childhood: Child Care Best Practices: Early Childhood Education Models
- Early Childhood: Activities and Learning: Diversity and Culture
Keywords: culturally responsive, culturally responsive classrooms, culturally responsive curriculum
Description: The National Center for Culturally Responsive Educational Systems (NCCRESt) has released the professional learning module, Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and Practice, designed to help educators understand and create a classroom atmosphere and curriculum that integrate and respond to the vast diversity of cultures present today in our schools. There are three academies within this professional learning module:
• Academy 1: Understanding Culturally Responsiveness explores what it means to be culturally responsive and how to apply this concept to education.
• Academy 2: Culturally Responsive Classrooms provides guidelines for how to create culturally responsive classrooms.
• Academy 3: Culturally Responsive Curriculum focuses on the ideas of content integration and knowledge construction through curriculum review and redesign.
The mission of the National Center for Culturally Responsive Educational Systems (NCCREST) is to support state and local school systems to assure a quality, culturally responsive education for all students.
Media Type: HTML
Resource Listed: January 15, 2009
Resource Last Updated: December 28, 2011